Same-Day Dental Crowns in Ferris, TX
Restore your smile in just one visit!
At Ferris Family Dentistry, we provide natural-looking porcelain crowns using CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) technology to create your custom dental crowns in just one visit. We also offer a variety of restoration crown options to fit your budget and lifestyle.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns fit over your natural teeth after the tooth has been shaped to accept the crown.
You may need a crown or crowns for the following reasons:
- Cracked tooth
- Large Cavity
- After root canal therapy
- Existing crown failure
- Worn fillings
When fillings begin to break down, they are no longer serving their original purpose, and it is often a good idea to make a crown. A crown will provide protection for a damaged tooth.
Types of Dental Crowns
The three most commonly recommended crowns are; porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, ceramic, and gold.
Gold Dental Restorations
Historically, gold restorations last the longest. Gold is most similar to your natural tooth structure in hardness and the way it expands and contracts. Gold restorations do not tarnish, and they do not wear down the other teeth they contact. They typically require less removal of the natural tooth. Gold is ideal for the back teeth where it is less visible in the smile line. Most dentists would agree that the best restoration material is gold.
Advantages: These crowns are ideally suited to people who prefer something that has a natural appearance. They are made from a thinner material which results in a lighter crown. Porcelain crowns are kind to the natural gum tissue.
Disadvantages: This type of crown is lifelike and pleasant to look at; however, it is less durable than other crowns, making it more prone to cracking or breaking. The refinement needed to produce these crowns makes them more challenging to fit. They require a high degree of expertise which increases their cost.
Advantages: This crown is prepared with a metal shell, and then a porcelain veneer is fused onto that shell, giving the crown a natural appearance. Patients commonly prefer this crown as it gives the restored tooth a natural look. The underlying metal fused with the porcelain provides stability and strength to the crown. It is the second strongest crown in comparison to the gold crown and has a better success rate.
Disadvantages: Restoring teeth with porcelain fused to metal requires a large portion of the tooth structure to be removed. This type of crown can make the gums more vulnerable to gingival inflammation and wear down the neighboring teeth.
The Same-Day Difference (CEREC)
At Ferris Family Dentistry, we understand that your time is precious. That’s why we are committed to offering you the convenience and efficiency of same day dental crowns in Ferris, TX. This advanced procedure, utilizing CEREC crowns, allows us to restore the functionality and aesthetics of your teeth in just a single appointment.
Traditional dental crown procedures can require multiple appointments over several weeks, causing unnecessary disruptions to your daily life. With same day dental crowns, you avoid temporary crowns, multiple injections, and the hassle of multiple visits.
The Benefits of Same Day Dental Crowns
CEREC technology offers several benefits that make it an attractive option for dental crowns:
- Same-Day Procedure: Traditional dental crowns require at least two appointments, but CEREC crowns are created and placed in a single visit. This saves you time and eliminates the need for a temporary crown.
- High-Quality Material: CEREC uses high-quality ceramic that closely resembles the color and properties of natural tooth material. This results in aesthetically pleasing and durable crowns.
- Digital Impressions: CEREC technology uses digital imaging to create a 3D model of your tooth, which is far more comfortable and accurate than traditional impression techniques.
- Precision and Fit: The advanced CAD/CAM technology used in CEREC allows for extremely precise design and milling of the crown, ensuring an excellent fit and minimal adjustment during placement.
- No Need for Temporary Crowns: Because the crowns are milled and placed in one visit, there’s no need for a temporary crown, which can be uncomfortable and less reliable.
- Less Invasive: In some cases, CEREC technology allows for more of the natural tooth structure to be preserved, making it less invasive than traditional crown methods.
- Convenience: With CEREC, you don’t have to wait for weeks to get your dental crowns. You can walk out of the dental office with your new crowns in a single visit.
- Long-Lasting Results: CEREC crowns are known for their durability and can last for many years with proper oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups.
As with any dental procedure, there are also potential downsides, so it’s important to discuss all options with your dentist to determine the best solution for your individual needs.
The Procedure: What to Expect
At Ferris Family Dentistry, we prioritize patient comfort and understanding. When you come in for your appointment, here’s what you can expect:
- Assessment and Preparation: Dr. Williams will first examine your tooth to ensure a dental crown is the right solution. Once confirmed, the tooth is shaped to fit the crown.
- Digital Impressions: Using state-of-the-art digital technology, we capture an accurate impression of your tooth. This process is far more comfortable than the traditional putty-based impression methods.
- Crown Creation: With the use of advanced CAD/CAM technology, we design and mill a custom-fit, durable ceramic crown right in our office while you wait.
- Placement: Once the crown is ready, Dr. Williams will place it onto your tooth and make necessary adjustments to ensure perfect fit and comfort.
Advanced Technology for Exceptional Results
Our commitment to utilizing the latest dental technologies sets us apart. The high-tech digital scanners and CAD/CAM technology used in our same day dental crown procedures enable us to create precise, custom crowns that blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, enhancing your smile and improving your oral health.
Why Choose Dr. Williams?
Our same day dental crown service is led by the skilled Dr. Williams. With extensive experience and training in the latest dental technologies, Dr. Williams ensures each patient receives personalized, high-quality care. Her attention to detail and dedication to patient satisfaction makes her a preferred provider of same day dental crowns in Ferris, TX.
Restore your smile with same day dental crowns in Ferris, TX
To learn more about our crown restoration options and to find out if you qualify for a CEREC same-day crown, call our office at 972-544-2123.
Ferris Family Dentistry proudly serves the residents of Red Oak, Palmer, Corsicana, Ennis, Bristol, Waxahachie, Ovilla, Wilmer, and Lancaster.
Frequently Asked Questions About CEREC Dental Crowns
1. How long does the procedure take?
Typically, the entire procedure can be completed in about 2-3 hours.
2. Are same day crowns as durable as traditional crowns?
Absolutely. Our same day crowns are made of high-quality ceramic and designed to withstand the same pressures as traditional crowns.
3. How do I care for my same day crown?
Just like your natural teeth, your crown needs regular brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.
4. Will the crown match the color of my other teeth?
Yes, we customize the color of the crown to match your natural teeth for a seamless appearance.
5. Will the procedure be painful?
Dr. Williams takes every measure to ensure patient comfort during the procedure. Most patients report minimal discomfort.
6. Is everyone a candidate for same day crowns?
Most patients needing a crown can benefit from this procedure. However, a consultation with Dr. Williams will determine if this is the best solution for your dental needs.
7. What is the cost of a same day crown?
The cost can vary depending on individual dental needs. We encourage you to contact our office for more information.
8. Will my insurance cover same day crowns?
Many insurance companies cover the cost of dental crowns. We recommend checking with your provider to understand your coverage. We also offer various financing options to make dental care more affordable and accessible to our Ferris community and beyond.
9. Can I get teeth whitening with CEREC dental crowns?
Yes, you can get teeth whitening with CEREC crowns, but it’s important to understand that the whitening process will not change the color of the crowns themselves. Teeth whitening solutions only affect natural tooth enamel.
CEREC crowns are made from a block of ceramic and their color is chosen to match your other teeth at the time of placement. Once a crown is in place, its color can’t be altered with teeth whitening treatments.
If you’re considering teeth whitening and you already have CEREC crowns, you’ll want to discuss your options with Dr. Williams. If your crowns are in your smile line, you might need to consider having them replaced after whitening to ensure a color match with your newly whitened teeth.
If you’re getting CEREC crowns and are also interested in teeth whitening, it’s generally advised to undergo the whitening procedure first. That way, Dr. Williams can match your new crowns to your teeth’s whiter shade.